Enter the Contest below
Rules are as follows:
1. Pie must be made with apples, no canned product allowed. Other fruit or nuts, like dried cranberries may be added.
2. Pie must be homemade by individual entering the pie.
3. Pie must have at least one crust, crumbled topping permitted.
4. Place your name and Phone number, or email, on the bottom of the pie plate and drop pie off at the Hoosick Rising tent at the corner of Wood Park and Main St. by 11 am.
5. The recipe for the pie and the crust must be submitted with the pie. Recipe must include all of the ingredients. Please print your name on the back of the recipe.
6. Judging will take place immediately following the Burton Luke Tractor Parade on October 5th, 2019.
7. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
a. Flavor -30 points
b. Filling: consistency, doneness, moistness and flavor -25 points
c. Crust: color, flavor, texture and doneness -20 points
d. Overall appearance -15 points
e. Creativity -10 points
f. For a possible total of 100 points
8. The winner will receive a gift basket worth $200.
9. Following the judging all pies will be cut and sold by the slice.
For questions, email Hoosickrising@gmail.com
I understand and agree to abide by the rules of the competition